Enable or Disable Message BlockingIf you're the Primary Account Holder, you can enable or disable Message Blocking on My T-Mobile or through the T-Mobile App. This is how to change this service on your account following the procedures below.
But, before you enable or disable message blocking on your T-mobile account, Below are the few things you must know.
Things you should know:
- You can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and email.
- Messaging Blocking is intended to block all messages, not to prevent overages.
- Message Blocking will block text and picture messages even if you have a messaging feature on your account.
- Message Blocking won't block instant messages or email on Windows Mobile or BlackBerry phones.
How to Add or Remove Message Blocking
Procedures:-From your mobile device with the T-Mobile app
- Open the app. If you don't have it, Download it Here
- Tap Menu > USAGE & PLANS.
- Tap View line details under the card for your line.
- Under Services, tap Manage Services.
- If prompted, log in with your T-Mobile ID.
- Tap the + symbol next to any service to see a description and pricing.
- Select a service you'd like to add and tap Next.
- Review your changes.
- Tap Agree & Submit to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Select PLAN.
- Select the line to change.
- Select CHANGE SERVICES and follow the on-screen steps.
Messages that are not blocked with Message BlockingThese are type of messages that cannot be blocked if Message Blocking is disabled
- Free messages from third-party providers sent to notify you of purchased content
- Standard rated messages from short codes
- Voicemail notifications
- Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Service notifications
- Email sent to and from your T-Mobile email (@tmomail.net) address
Block messages from a specific numberYou can block messages from a specific number by adding Family Allowances to your account. Once Family Allowances is added, you can change your settings to block messages from a specific number.
RECOMMENDED TOPICS FOR YOU